Monday 23 April 2012

Today Thought

Waking up with a heavy feeling of burdenness, as the trip to Myanmar, on the 3rd Go, is drawing nearer.  I feel tired first time after resting 3 months since mom passed away.

I didn't quite understanding the feeling as travelling has always been my passion, especially going to a places where I know nobody, have no contact, no possible communication to the exterior world.  It is a whole new challenge, like leaving behind one self in a secured and comfort world, and go in an environment where I need to re-learn how to live, how to handle every single daily task, how to survive with only my clothes on and pocket money for food, moving from places to places. I always thought a trip like that make me humble.

After a while absorbing in my thought, a feeling falls on me - Isn't it that is the way I cast myself away? Isn't that a perfect example of running away of the imposed social expectation?
It strikes me that I have nothing to run away from now!

2012 is a difficult year, but it is also a strange year to begin with.  So much lost, no beside sorrow and suffering, however, it is also with so much realization.  It is like mountain hiking, at its last stage before the summitting, keep going!
Sunrise at Mt.Kinabalu, Dec 2004.

Often I feel I go to some distant region of the world 
to be reminded of who I really am.
by
--- Michael Crichton ---

No comments:

Post a Comment